Director of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension/Associate Dean for Engagement
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Please attach a resume/CV, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
|Job Title||Director of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension/Associate Dean for Engagement|
|Department||Ag, Biotech & Natrl Res-ADM|
|Department Web Address||www.unce.unr.edu|
|Full Time Equivalent||
|Position Type||Administrative Faculty|
|Tenure Track||Tenure Track|
The Director of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension (Extension) and Associate Dean for Engagement leads and administers statewide Extension programs as part of the land-grant mission of the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR). Extension is administratively consolidated with the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources (CABNR), and collaborates closely with the Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station (NAES), other units within the Nevada System of Higher Education and Nevada’s counties.
The roles and responsibilities of the Director of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension and Associate Dean for Engagement include:
• Using visionary leadership to provide for continued educational, research, outreach and service programs pertaining to agriculture, community development, health and nutrition, horticulture, personal development (including but not limited to children, youth, and families), and natural resources in Nevada’s rural and urban communities.
Extension brings information to solve problems and deal with critical issues throughout Nevada. Extension currently has offices in 15 out of 17 counties and programs in all 17 counties, serving urban and rural populations throughout the state.
Extension’s 35 academic faculty, more than 170 staff, and many volunteers deliver non-degree, educational programs in these areas:
Extension is a partnership supported by federal, state and county funds, working closely with a wide range of partners.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience. We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Nevada, Reno is a US News and World Report-ranked national Tier 1 university currently entering a phase of rapid expansion, with plans to add up to 300 tenure-track positions over the next five years.
Applications must be received by April 21, 2017.
• An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution with experience and qualifications to receive tenure as a full professor in one of the disciplines represented in Cooperative Extension.
• Experience as an Extension faculty member at a land-grant university, and a strong record of developing research-based Extension programming.
|Contact Information for this Position||
Kent McAdoo, Search Chair
Melissa Glenn, Search Coordinator
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please attach a resume/CV, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
|Job Open Date||01/18/2017|
|Job Close Date||04/21/2017|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Note to All Applicants||
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you initially learn about this recruitment/job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education. Specify print or online below.
- Other online resource. Specify URL below.
- Newspaper or Professional/Trade Journal. Specify title below.
- Association or Listserv. Specify below.
- Personal Contact. Specify person and affiliation below.
- www.tedjob.com (Top Higher Ed Jobs)
- Craig's List
If applicable, give more details on specific resource(s) indicated above.
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Information